Last modified: October 6, 2023
Modella Tisdall Holdings Ltd. (“Company” or “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of prospective purchasers of property owned by the Company and website users (“you”).
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you, from third parties or that you may provide when you visit this website (our “Website”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOUR CHOICE IS NOT TO USE OUR WEBSITE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, YOU INDICATE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND, ACCEPT, AND CONSENT TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, or other similar identifier, social insurance number, occupation or principal business, or financial information and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information”).
- Your responses to surveys that we or our third party service providers might ask you to complete.
- Information about your interactions with our Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page (“website use information”).
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you, for example, by filling in forms on our Website, filling in contact forms in person, or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Realtors that are helping you to find and purchase a property.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate our Website. Information collected automatically may include website use information, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties, including Google Analytics or our marketing service providers, or publicly available sources.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
The information collected automatically when you navigate our Website may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website, to deliver better and more personalized products and to improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
THIRD PARTY SITES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To contact you with promotional messages such as newsletters, announcements, press releases and event invitations regarding our products or services.
- To complete the purchase and sale of a property owned by the Company.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provided it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of our Website, the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose information that that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information:
- To our affiliates.
- To suppliers, contractors, legal or accounting advisors to complete the purchase and sale of a property owned by the Company.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as marketing, analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website or marketing improvement and optimization).
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about you is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website.
Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or business requirements.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 19
Our Website is not intended for children under 19 years of age. No one under age 19 may provide any personal information to us or use the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 19. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 19, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact us at email@example.com.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
You may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
We provide an opportunity for any user to opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails.